Preventive noise protection in urban architecture
Hidden causes of noise
A frequently underestimated problem in city planning is noise generated by vibrations and shocks. Vibrations can impact the exterior and interior of the building and lead to disruptive noises. In addition to nearby sources of disturbance such as tramway lines, metro lines or inner-city traffic, technical equipment in the building such as air conditioning units or lifts can also have a negative impact in the form of noise. Subjective noise perception therefore not only depends on the volume - you only have to think of a dripping tap. The good news is that as a rule, structure-borne noise can be anticipated and noise is therefore preventable. Benefit from our expertise and gain more information as well as a sound assessment of the respective situation.
What does this mean for the work of architectural firms?
Passive sound control has long been a part of urban development. However, traditional measures such as noise barriers or sound control windows only offer protection against external noise. These measures are unfortunately ineffective against vibration-induced noise.
With integrated solutions from Getzner, the highest level of vibration protection and vibration isolation can be achieved without restricting design planning or usage. The range of use of our elastomers extends from the elastic bearing of an entire building through to targeted damping of sources of noise. This provides architects and city planners with additional scope in building planning and greater security when it comes to customers, developers and investors. Contact us now - we would be happy to advise on individual solutions for you!
Good timing is a critical factor for success! Why should integrated sound control and vibration isolation be considered right at the beginning of every project?
- It has a direct influence on the utilisation, value and profitability of properties
- It is not a question of subsequent installation, as the structure itself must be protected
- It concerns the entire building; the greatest effect is achieved in the foundation
- Preventive noise protection offers maximum freedom designing a building
Your advantages at a glance
- Integrated vibration protection: highly effective, durable, sustainable
- Targeted vibration isolation for protecting people and structures
- Maximum design freedom thanks to seamless integration in the building
- Materials approved for use by the relevant building technology bodies and sustainable production