Effective protection against vibrations for a five-storey block of apartments with Sylomer®
- Minimise vibrations and reduce secondary airborne noise
- Disruptive vibrations due to the shopping centre housed on the ground floor
- Additional vibrations due to the tramway line next to the Drachen-Center
- High requirements concerning structure-borne sound protection for living areas
The Getzner solution
The first stage consisted of defining the building’s natural system frequency, including the bearings. Working on the basis of these results, Getzner worked with experts from Trombik Ingenieure AG to develop a solution that protects the building from oscillations and vibrations.
Using Sylomer® mats, Getzner separated the two sections of the building which are used for different purposes, thereby decoupling the building from the surrounding sources of vibrations. For the living area, a natural system frequency of 15 Hz was required.
Advantages for the customer
- A precise result, thanks to complex calculations and professional installation of the Sylomer® mats
- Measurements taken after completion of the building showed that the natural frequency of 14 Hz predicted in the calculations had been achieved.