Pool bearing at the Address Residences Jumeirah Resort + Spa, Dubai
Preventing sound transmissions in the world’s highest infinity pool.
Our customer wanted to install a pool over an area of 1100m2 on the roof of a luxury hotel complex.
- Swimming pools and their technical systems, such as circulation pumps, filters and air jets, not to mention the activities of bathers in the pool, generate vibrations. These vibrations can spread throughout the structure of the building, causing unwelcome secondary airborne noise.
- Time pressure - the material had to be delivered within three weeks
- Installation at great height and the resulting windy conditions
- Restricted space conditions
The Getzner Solution
The approach adopted by Getzner for the decoupling of pools is to use full-surface bearing based on Sylomer®. This prevents any cavities filling with water and effectively inhibits sound bridges. Sylomer® also displays outstanding resistance to chlorinated water and oil. In addition, the material is hydrophobic and retains its excellent material properties over several decades.The effectiveness of the bearing is therefore maintained over the entire service life of the pool.
Advantages for the customer
- Everything from one source
- Many years of experience and extensive know-how
- Excellent material properties over decades