Vibration reduction in mechanical and plant engineering
Elastic bearings from Getzner
While in operation, machines excite solid objects and machine components, generating oscillations. This in turn leads to secondary airborne noise or structure-borne noise, resulting in noise and vibrations.
The elastic bearings made from the materials Sylomer®, Sylodyn® or Isotop are an ideal way of providing sound insulation for machines and plants:
- Source isolation (active): high dynamic forces from a machine can be suppressed with an elastic intermediate layer. In this way, vibrations are reduced and the source is decoupled from its surroundings, for example in the case of jacks or compressors.
- Recipient isolation (passive): an elastic bearing protects machines and sensitive components against vibrations from items of equipment that have not been decoupled. The machine is isolated from the environment, as required by measuring equipment or servers, for example.
- High cost-benefit effect
- Properties can be calculated to tailor effectiveness
- The long-term effectiveness of the materials is guaranteed over the entire service life of the machine
- Highly effective at a low overall height and deflection
- Load ranges from 0.5 t/m² to 600 t/m²