Vibration reduction in mechanical and plant engineering
Elastic bearings from Getzner
While in operation, large machines generate oscillations that cause noise and vibrations – with effects on the surrounding manufacturing and quality processes as well as the adjacent areas and the environment. Getzner therefore recommends a tailored vibration isolation solution made from polyurethane materials for machines and plants. Elastic bearings made from Sylomer®, Sylodyn® and Isotop reduce emissions to an acceptable level and thereby ensure a more peaceful environment.
While in operation, machines excite solid objects and machine components, generating oscillations. This in turn leads to secondary airborne noise or structure-borne noise, resulting in noise and vibrations.
The elastic bearings made from the materials Sylomer®, Sylodyn® or Isotop are an ideal way of providing sound insulation for machines and plants:
- Source isolation (active): high dynamic forces from a machine can be suppressed with an elastic intermediate layer. In this way, vibrations are reduced and the source is decoupled from its surroundings, for example in the case of jacks or compressors.
- Recipient isolation (passive): an elastic bearing protects machines and sensitive components against vibrations from items of equipment that have not been decoupled. The machine is isolated from the environment, as required by measuring equipment or servers, for example.
Products used that are made from Sylomer®, Sylodyn® and Isotop
Machine foundation bearings
Bearing of HVAC units
- High cost-benefit effect
- Properties can be calculated to tailor effectiveness
- The long-term effectiveness of the materials is guaranteed over the entire service life of the machine
- Highly effective at a low overall height and deflection
- Load ranges from 0.5 t/m² to 600 t/m²