Sleeper pads for efficient vibration protection
- Track renovation for London Underground
- Very busy railway line
- Vibrations caused by the underground trains (residential areas)
- Very narrow tunnels
- Sleeper pads for concrete and timber sleepers
Providing elastic bearings for this stretch of the District Line was the first major sleeper pad project for London Underground: the vibration protection requirements called for the use of full-surface Sylodyn® sleeper pads, which are ideal for effectively minimising vibrations. Deliveries were made both to the CEMEX sleeper works and directly to London Underground.
«A significant reduction in groundborne vibration has been achieved in a number of neighbouring properties. Some long-term residents living next to the track have even written and thanked us for providing them with greater peace and quiet. Additionally the sleeper pads supplied by Getzner required no changes to the installation programme, methodology or equipment for the track renewal. Overall, the use of Getzner sleeper pads on this project has been a great success», stated Mike Barlow, Principal Project Engineer from London Underground.
- Significant reduction in groundborne vibrations
- No changes to the installation programme for London Underground
- The decrease in vibrations noticeably improved the quality of life of residents living next to the track