The Rushmore Building – Riverside Boulevard NYC
Elastic bedding of a high-rise complex with two towers above a rail tunnel
The Rushmore Building in Manhattan is a 130-metre high building with 41 floors close to Times Square in New York. With this project, the challenge lay in constructing the two-towered building complex above the rail tunnel used by New York's AMTRAK line.
For this reason, there were no construction activities on the riverside until recently. Two train lines transport daily traffic there, carrying an axle load of 25 metric tons, while a subway line is being planned on this stretch of track.
- Mounting of a two tower high-rise complex above a train tunnel
- Two train lines transport daily traffic, carrying an axle load of 25 metric tons
- Compliance with the required ceiling height with smaller distance between floors
The Getzner solution
When it comes to bedding skyscrapers, Getzner Werkstoffe is winning over customers with a completely new approach: individual floors of the 41-storey building have elastic bearings. Two floors are completely decoupled from vibrations – like drawers that can be removed.
Neither of the two levels is connected to the building in a fixed manner. Moreover, at the sides of the building, Sylomer® mats protect the weight-bearing pillars against the effects of the wind.
Working together with architects and dynamics experts, Getzner drew up detailed load distribution plans where the load on each of the 350 attachment points was determined precisely.
Advantages for the customer
- Successful use of polyurethane mats in an extremely effective area in terms of vibrations
- Decoupling individual floors from vibrations
- Getzner Werkstoffe is a developer, manufacturer and installation consultant
- Intelligent system solution – cost-effective, noise insulation, comfort
„Our project team found the collaboration with Getzner and Soundown during the planning and agreement phase very positive. Both companies were very cooperative and pro-active when it came to introducing all those involved to the project and coordinating them in the interests of the collaboration. It was only thanks to this that we succeeded in integrating the building isolation system into the external fabric of the building. Installation at the place of use was then carried out very efficiently, without interruptions and in a relatively short time. If you require vibration isolation, I can recommend Getzner, Soundown and the Sylomer® products without hesitation.“David Ridoutt, Project Manager New York, USA