The Rushmore Building – Riverside Boulevard NYC
Elastic bedding of a high-rise complex with two towers above a rail tunnel
- Mounting of a two tower high-rise complex above a train tunnel
- Two train lines transport daily traffic, carrying an axle load of 25 metric tons
- Compliance with the required ceiling height with smaller distance between floors
The Getzner solution
When it comes to bedding skyscrapers, Getzner Werkstoffe is winning over customers with a completely new approach: individual floors of the 41-storey building have elastic bearings. Two floors are completely decoupled from vibrations – like drawers that can be removed.
Neither of the two levels is connected to the building in a fixed manner. Moreover, at the sides of the building, Sylomer® mats protect the weight-bearing pillars against the effects of the wind.
Working together with architects and dynamics experts, Getzner drew up detailed load distribution plans where the load on each of the 350 attachment points was determined precisely.
- Successful use of polyurethane mats in an extremely effective area in terms of vibrations
- Decoupling individual floors from vibrations
- Getzner Werkstoffe is a developer, manufacturer and installation consultant
- Intelligent system solution – cost-effective, noise insulation, comfort