Solid timber apartment building by Meickl
Efficient sound insulation of a modern, solid timber apartment building in Tyrol
The timber construction and carpentry company Raimund Meickl constructed a modern apartment building with solid wooden panels to passive building standards. A top-quality indoor environment requires effective protection from airborne and impact noise. Sound control within the building is just as essential as sound insulation against noise from outside. The construction company contacted Getzner, a specialist in vibration protection, for help in minimising sound transmission.
- Airborne and impact noise insulation in a multi-storey timber construction
- Sound insulation without decoupled wall linings improves the quality of the indoor environment
- Measurements carried out on the completed building confirm that all sound insulation requirements have been met
The Getzner solution
Getzner offers a comprehensive vibration isolation solution which minimises sound transmission in a multi-storey solid timber construction.
In addition to designing an elastically suspended ceiling, the flanking elements and fasteners were also elastically decoupled. A high-quality ceiling construction significantly reduces direct sound transmission. Sound transmission via the flanking elements then becomes the key factor. Getzner mounted all the joints between the walls and ceilings using the high-tech material Sylodyn® in order to decouple sound transmission by this route.
To prevent sound bridges, the specially developed ABAI 105 elastic angle brackets from Simpson Strong Tie® were used in conjunction with decoupled screws. This elastic fastening system optimally separates the building components – without affecting the load-bearing capacity of the structure or increasing sound transmission.
Advantages for the customer
- An outstanding soundproofing solution
- Excellent noise insulation without impairing climate control
- Simple installation
- Measurement methods and values prove Getzner expertise