NOKIA Arena in Tampere (FI)
Elastic bearing of stadium and adjacent buildings over a railway line
- Elastic Decoupling of the arena from underground train vibrations
- Additional insulation of the hotel connected to the arena
- Point loads of up to 7,000 kN
- Harsh climatic conditions
Getzner's HRB HS series was the only solution on the market that met the demanding requirements. The heavy-duty bearings made of Sylodyn® provide the necessary mechanical strength combined with good elasticity. They reliably decouple structures with loads of up to 12 N/mm2 over a long period of time.
The piles of the buildings are completely decoupled from the concrete slab by point bearings, the walls are isolated with strip bearings. Stairwells and lift shafts project through the concrete slab to the level of the train tracks. The different levels at which the structures had to be decoupled were quite a challenge for Getzner's specialists when planning the vibration insulation.
In order to compensate for tensile loads on the columns, it was also necessary to design individual bearing constructions in some cases. Pre-tensioning elements were used during the installation of the bearings to take into account the enormously high weight that would be placed on the columns after construction.
- Sustainable vibration insulation of stadium and adjacent buildings above a railway line
- Increased living and working quality, authentic stadium atmosphere
- High requirements of the client were demonstrably met