Lightweight Stair Bearing in a terraced Housing Complex
Greater Impact Noise Protection for increased Comfort Levels in the Home
When building the new terraced housing complex in Perlach, south-west of Munich, the renowned company Fuchs-Treppen was responsible for installing the staircases. A top-quality indoor environment requires effective protection against sound transmission. As lightweight stairs particularly facilitate the transmission of impact noise, bearings made from the elastic material Sylomer® were specially developed by Fuchs-Treppen and Getzner.
- Transmission of impact noise into neighbouring rooms
- Vibrations and noise within the apartments
The Getzner Solution
The elastic bearing of stair flights has a significant influence on the reduction and transfer of structure-borne noise to the surrounding residential units. With lightweight stairs, the bearing points on the ceiling and walls are elastically decoupled. Laboratory experiments have shown that this measure significantly reduces the transmission of impact noise into neighbouring rooms.
- Simple installation of decoupling elements
- Impact noise protection in the residential units
- Reduction of structure-borne noise to the surrounding residential units