Ginza Kabukiza Theater
Vibration isolation for Japan's largest revolving theatre stage
Spring 2013 saw the renovation of Tokyo's Kabukiza Theatre completed. «Kabuki» is the name given to the traditional type of Japanese theatre enjoyed by the middle classes. One of the most famous examples is the Kabukiza Theatre in Tokyo. During the most recent renovation of the Kabukiza, three height-adjustable stages of varying sizes were constructed, along with a further even larger height-adjustable stage and a new revolving stage.
- Renovation of Tokyo's historic Kabukiza Theatre dating from 1889
- Elastic bedding for Japan's largest revolving stage
- Vibration-isolating foundation bedding for various areas of the historic building
The Getzner solution
Getzner has created a great impression with this project – not only with the quality of its materials, but also with its skills in being able to predict and calculate the vibration factors in advance. Full-surface foundation bearing on Sylomer® SR 28 was chosen for the Kabukiza revolving stage.
For more than 40 years, Getzner has been using this PU elastomer successfully in the rail, construction and industry sectors. Getzner materials were also used for the roof garden, foyers, entrances, machinery rooms and the building's multi-storey car park.
Advantages for the customer
- Compared to other solutions on the market, the full-surface foundation bearing on Sylomer® offers the technical advantage of a consistently high isolation effect.
- As Getzner used materials that were manufactured directly on site, it only took a week in total to install the vibration solution.