Extension of the East London Line
Comprehensive superstructure system for different requirements such as tunnels, viaducts and tight curves
- Tracks routed through tunnels and over several bridges and viaducts with tight curve radii
- Planning a superstructure system for a variety of structures – and one that can be universally implemented
- Vibration protection of the numerous buildings along the line
The Getzner solution
The planners responsible decided on a combination of lightweight mass-spring systems and individual blocks with an elastic bearing. This resulted in being able to implement the right superstructure system for all structure types. The so-called LVT system, standing for «low vibration track», was used on all the slab track stretches, including in the turnout areas.
In areas with extremely stringent requirements, a lightweight mass-spring system with Sylomer® mats from Getzner was installed to supplement the LVT system. Using the LVT system throughout simplified and speeded up the construction process considerably.
- Adjusted stiffness in crossing areas and installation of side mats for decoupling the slab
- Comprehensive superstructure system for different requirements such as tunnels, viaducts and tight curves
- Adaptable solution: Combination of LVT and mass-spring system