Foundation isolation of the Steigs power station, Mels
Effective vibration isolation for the hydroelectric power station
- Meeting various conditions for protecting two immediately adjacent family homes – as well as a planned residential complex on the former power station site.
- All the buildings share the same rocky subsoil, which favours the transfer of vibrations.
The Getzner solution
To protect the power station and the neighbouring homes against vibration, the entire power plant foundation block, floor and side surfaces were fully elastically decoupled using Sylomer®. Around 170 square metres of different Sylomer® types, 25 mm thick were used as the bearing.
The materials were chosen on the basis of the specific loads, resulting from the foundation and the generator. The maximum permissible foundation movement around the pressure line was also a decisive factor in the choice of materials.
- Vibration isolation protects the hydroelectric power plant and nearby residential buildings from vibrations
- Residents no longer feel vibrations or noise
- Measurements taken afterwards confirm the excellent impact of the Sylomer® bearings and compliance with the required limit values