Bearing of the ship's hull on the M.Y. Excellence superyacht
Renovation of the bearing of the ship's hull on the "M.Y. Excellence" superyacht
- The mechanical and hydrodynamic processes in ships that are triggered by engines, pumps and drive systems cause vibrations and secondary airborne noise.
- Goal: To protect the "M.Y. Excellence" from undesirable vibrations and to keep the noise level to a minimum
The Getzner solution
An elastic bearing for the ship's hull was used to provide the superyacht with optimum vibration protection: as part of the project, Getzner lined approximately 60 m2 of the hull and walls with strips of Sylomer®, isolating the inner hull from the outer hull and considerable reducing vibrations and secondary airborne noise.
Getzner had previously been commissioned to supply the bearing for the ship's hull when the yacht was originally built in 1986. This has been successfully used worldwide by large shipyards for the bearing of ships' hulls for around 30 years.
Advantages for the customer
- Optimum vibration and sound control while maintaining a constantly low noise level
- Excellent long-term behaviour: Virtually no change in the effectiveness of Sylomer® for almost three decades
- Virtually no changes to the material characteristics in terms of the static and dynamic load capacity as well as the creep behaviour
- The thickness of the material is virtually unchanged
- Stable temperature behaviour
- Excellent residue behaviour
- Resistant to salt water, salty air, oil and dirt