Turnouts in superstructures
Reduced loads and wear on turnouts
Due to areas of discontinuity – such as frogs within a turnout – dynamic impacts are generated as trains travel over. An additional load is placed on the entire superstructure. Products and solutions from Getzner reduce the dynamic shock loads and thereby ensure less wear on the superstructure components.
Problems in the superstructure
- High dynamic loads
- High levels of wear on the turnouts and the other superstructure components (e.g. ballast)
- Higher maintenance costs
- Lower ride comfort
- Transmission of vibrations to the surrounding area
The Getzner solution
Elastic elements made from Sylomer® and Sylodyn® reduce the dynamic shock loads and the vibrations that are transmitted to the surrounding area. The wear on the turnout and superstructure components is significantly reduced.
Advantages for customers
- Smoothing of deflection during a train pass
- Increase in safety and ride comfort
- Minimisation of loads in rail seat
- Reduction of life cycle costs (LCC)