Rettenbach power station in Sölden
Resilient bedding of machine foundations and buildings
For sustainable energy production, Wasserkraft Sölden Gen.m.b.H has built a hydroelectric power station. The system uses the power of the Rettenbach, which flows through the municipality directly alongside the primary and secondary school, and also harnesses power from the Zwieselbach.
Access to an underground garage, which is connected to the school building, also runs beneath the power station buildings. A luxury hotel is also located in the vicinity of the power station.
- Vibration isolation for protection of the school building and the hotel complex which are directly adjacent to the power station
- Despite the complicated ground geometry, there are no sound bridges
- Complex environmental conditions
The Getzner solution
Getzner is a vibration isolation specialist for machine foundations and buildings. Therefore the engineers, Ingenieurbüro Sprenger from Innsbruck, appointed Getzner in the initial project phase to develop a vibration isolation concept for the power station.
The Getzner engineers calculated the optimum natural frequency for the elastic mounting of the power station building on the basis of the disturbing frequency data from the turbine manufacturer. Getzner was responsible for the dimensioning of the elastic mounting, the choice of materials and the installation.
Advantages for the customer
- No vibration or acoustic transfer thanks to Sylomer®
- Tailored concept - expert implementation
- Demonstrably effective vibration protection
- Calculation of material requirements
- Use of materials developed in-house
- Individual reconciliation of the solution
- Consultation support based on experience and expertise
- Expert implementation of the vibration solution
- Success monitored by test measurements
„Getzner advised us in a highly competent manner while the power station was being built. The proximity of the power station to the school and hotel buildings made working conditions difficult. This made the company's extensive vibration isolation experience particularly valuable in this project. The fact that Getzner develops and also produces the materials in-house is a clear benefit.“Thomas Sprenger, Sprenger consulting engineers