Vibration isolation in fire-prone areas
Sylomer® Fire-retardant with fire-retardant effect
Fire prevention requirements on materials are becoming ever more demanding throughout the world. A whole raft of standards and rules that stipulate the flammability of materials apply not only in the construction sector, but also in the construction of rail vehicles, marine vessels and machinery.
The Sylomer® Fire-retardant and Sylomer® Marine product ranges provide protection from undesirable vibrations and oscillation specifically in fire-prone areas.
- A multiplicity of different standards and rules on fire prevention in different applications must be complied with
- The protection of individuals must be ensured
- Environmental protection is gaining in significance throughout the world.
In response to market requirements, Getzner has developed an extensive range of fire-retardant materials for a variety of different applications. Both the Sylomer® Fire-retardant and the Sylomer® Marine product ranges have been certified as fire-retardant, while retaining the exceptional damping characteristics of the material.
Tests passed and certificates held by Sylomer® Fire-retardant
- EN ISO 9239-1 Burning behaviour with heat radiator
- ISO 5659-2 Smoke gas density/toxicity
- ISO 5660-1 Cone calorimeter heat loss rate
DIN EN 45545-2 /R22 requirements/Hazard Level 3
- EN ISO 4589-2 Oxygen index
- EN ISO 5659-2 Smoke gas density
- NF X 70-100-1 and 2 Smoke gas toxicity
- DIN 54837 Burning behaviour/side effects of fire
- DIN EN ISO 5659-2 Smoke gas toxicity
- ASTM E 662: 2009 Smoke gas density
- ASTM E 648: 2009 Spread of flame front
- ASTM E 1354 – 04a Calorimeter burning heat/smoke gas density
- DIN EN 11925-2 Flammability/Ignitability
- DIN EN 13823 Flammability/Smoke gas density/Burning droplets
Tests passed and certificates held by Sylomer® Marine
IMO Res. MSC.307(88) (Primary Decks Covering)
- IMO Res. MSC.307 (88) Ftp. Code 2
- IMO Res. MSC.307 (88) Ftp. Code 5
Wheelmark Certification Module B and D
Advantages of a vibration solution using Sylomer® Fire-retardant, Sylomer® Marine
- High degree of vibration suppression in fire-prone areas
- Compliance with international fire protection standards
- Reduction in secondary airborne noise
- Fire and personal protection