Elastic transport protection for steel coils on freight cars
Effective bedding of sensitive goods on polyurethane mats
An effective and cost-efficient solution for protecting sensitive goods on carriages is to bed the goods on wear-resistant polyurethane mats from Getzner. The elastic, robust materials feature unique material properties that have been used for decades in rail superstructures and in floating floors for rolling stock.
- Minimise costs incurred due to transport damage: the topmost sheets of metal are not only affected by shocks and impacts during the journey, but also during loading and unloading the freight car
- Avoid a high level of wear of the transport protection: Due to the high transport weight of the coils and the long journeys involved, conventional bases wear very quickly.
Thanks to their combined spring/damper properties, the PU mats made from Sylomer® offer optimum protection against shocks and impacts. They are resistant to oil and hydrolysis and display consistent elastic properties over long periods of use. At three millimetres thick, an additional compact PU layer that protects against wear significantly increases the durability of the transport protection solution, yet without affecting the elastic properties
Benefits of the elastic transport protection solution
- Prevents damage during transport and costly material waste
- High protection against wear thanks to Sylomer® mats in contrast to conventional solutions with rubber products
- Bearings are individually calculated and flexibly produced
- Lower noise levels thanks to elastic bearing