"Four Suns" luxury residential complex
Elastic bearing of luxury residential complexes in the heart of Moscow
Between 2006 and 2010, the Office Stroj general construction company completed a luxury residential complex with a total area of 110,000 m2 in the heart of Moscow.
The residential complex is situated on a common bottom plate upon which four 8-10 storey residential buildings are located. Both the foundations for the bottom plate and the residential buildings were constructed as a monolithic reinforced concrete, solid plate. Traffic on the Kalininskaya and Kaluzhsko-Rizhskaya underground rail lines – running directly beneath the planned buildings – causes vibrations that can be detected on the surface.
- Mounting of multiple buildings lying on a common bottom plate – for protection against underground railway vibrations
- Globally unique forecasting method to determine the expected vibration levels
- Manufacture of material tailored to the specific needs of the customer
The Getzner solution
In 2006, «Ecocity», an ecological fund dedicated to developing the urban environment, conducted an investigation of the building site. As a means of insulating the building against vibration, those in charge recommended an elastic bearing using Sylomer® from Getzner. At the time, the «Four Suns» luxury residential complex was the largest bedding of buildings project in the history of Getzner Werkstoffe.
Advantages for the customer
- Ideal vibration isolation based on actual measurement results
- Effective vibration protection by using Sylomer®
- All areas subjected to investigation complied fully with the standards set by the Russian Federation.
- Professional building protection for excellent living conditions.
„The full range of documentation from Getzner allows precise calculations of complex vibration issues. The excellent correlation between the prediction and the actual installation is also an indicator of the quality of the delivered products and the related services.“Sergey Kurnavin, PHD