Elastic intermediate and compensation layers
Many buildings – such as tower blocks – must be elastically mounted to provide efficient protection against shocks and vibrations. For these structures, Getzner recommends a highly-resilient bearing made from Sylodyn®.
This bearing can be used in structures where high loads act on very small areas – such as crane installations, column heads, steel structures, pilework or heavy machinery. An elastic bearing is therefore still able to work perfectly, even though the structural conditions are restrictive.
- Maximum load separation with bearings in the smallest of spaces – up to 6 N/mm²
- Long service life thanks to high mechanical resistance (tensile strength, elongation at break)
- Chemical and oil-resistant
- Fire resistant
- No expensive structural modifications required
- Easy handling and workability
- Minimization of overall cost
- Also usable as point bearings and linear support
«A highly-resilient bearing from Getzner Werkstoffe can support a comparable load of approximately 600 metric tons on one square metre.»Customer